PRESENTS: SPRING 2014 POP-UP SHOP!
Shopping Event Showcases the Freshest Fashion, Homemade Decor, Independent Artists, Local Flavors + more at the Houston Street Center!
NEW YORK, NY April 11, 2014 — On Saturday, May 31st, 2014, the LADIES LOVE PROJECT presents its seventh POP-UP SHOP! - to be held at Houston Street Center from 12pm – 8pm.
At the intersection of LES museums, storefronts, schools and busy sidewalks - LLP is ecstatic to once again bring its 2014 Spring POP-UP Art Market to the masses! We invite you to come out, welcome the new season with our favorite taste-makers and new up + coming artistans - all ready to meet your life’s style needs!
The Ladies Love Project, a brainchild of renowned street artist TOOFLY, sound sensation Circa95’ duo, Patty Dukes & Rephstar and creative non-profit aficionado A.Mari, brings NYC’s most creative underground artists and designers right to YOU. Our one-day-only events allow for an intimate, yet energetic market shopping experience – designed to familiarize consumers, media representatives and trendsetters with artists currently celebrating prominence.
LLP promises that this springs art menu will please folks from all walks of life - whether you’re new to the shop or not! Into the environment like BESOS NOT BOMBS who specialize in recycled gear; love staying/being young with toys by MARKA 27; want to peep new styles from EDWIN SOTO for you or your boo; or, want to pull up a chair and relax while EL SALONSITO touches up your nails? We got you covered!
Remember your favorite bracelet, canvas or tee from our last shop and want more? We can’t wait to see you and neither can our vet vendors like VANILLA MEDALLIONS, JUNKPRINTS, LIl EGO / LIL DIVA and WONDER LEE - among others!
Worried about being hungry or thirsty? Don’t sweat it! Cupcakes by Jenny Kinns, Martha’s Kitchen & LLP will have plenty of sweet, savory and palate satisfying treats for you, fam and friends all day!
Circa '95's RephStar, DJ Enygma, and DJ Polarity will tag team on the 1’s and 2’s for non stop jams all day. A live broadcast of the event will be streamed at www.Circa95.com and will feature a performance showcase by Aurora Barnes - NYC based singer/songwriter/actress siren whose debut EP ‘Fair Game,’ is about to drop - and Rhyme Factory - the grassroots MC cypher that’s all about spreading Hip Hop.
From start to end, our official event photographer, Samantha Morales, will be sure not to miss taking the best candids of all our amazing market-goers, so get ready to put that hot selfie face on! We’d love to see you, so before you end your SHOP experiencer, definitely stop by the LLP Fam Table for LOVEswag and enter a chance to win an official LLP Tote with surprise SHOP gifts from a variety of our vendors!
Our LLP spring event venue, Houston Street Center at 273 Bowery, is a community arts and culture event space, plays host to the eclectic mix of talent. LLP is honored to again be partnering with this NYC cultural cornerstone, as the shop prides itself in exposing both new and established artists.
Art on canvas, handmade goods, jewelry, t-shirts, graffiti, live music—you name it--- the LADIES LOVE PROJECT SPRING POP-UP SHOP doesn’t get any more New York than this! We want to rock with YOU - so join us at the SHOP on 5/31/14!!
“Having the LADIES LOVE PROJECT POP-UP SHOP in the heart of the lower east side is a perfect fit,” says Patty Dukes and Rephstar of Circa 95’. “All of the vendors have styles that honor old New York, yet each demonstrates a unique progression with great, must-have niche items.”
“This shop is going to be our best edition of the shop yet! We are thrilled to be back at HSC and are ready to bring in springtime with artists we know & love and newcomers we can’t wait to bring to you!” - A.Mari
- It made me realize that I run junkprints as an outlet for the stuff I make. I don't make stuff for junkprints. Basically, the business follows the art, not the other way around, stuff gets real fowl when it goes the wrong way. Some of you hard core entrepreneur number crunching business folks may think that's crazy talk, but frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn. It's important that I create work that is valuable, if it's profitable then that's a plus. It's important to me that junkprints is driven by value. I've tried the profit model and the reality is that there are waaaaay better ways too make money then making stuff and for me, that's a hard reality to come to. Writing it sounds so simple, guess that's how lessons go.
- Got real with monies, and answered some questions like where do you REALLY see yourself in 5 years.
- Visited New Orleans for the first time
- Took my dad to Costa Rica,
- I took a real estate course, (just so I could see how things work, I'm this close to getting that building),
- Had my lil sister move in (and have been gently kicking her in the butt, yay she's in college and will not be in debt),
- Severed some ties with some close folks in my life and have also sent some really valuable time with some other close folks
- Taking hot yoga hard core consistently for over a year (thx @sacred).
- Sandy happened, what a mess
- Trayvon had his right to live taken from him, and a case made clear that the US court supports the notion that Black male Americans are threatening and it's ok to shoot them (and I don't want to talk about it on facebook).
- Been watching most of my friends breed like rabbits, babies everywhere! Amazing and strange
- Also, I've been graveling with social networks, personally, I don't really like them as 'social networks', but I love them for inspiration and as outlets for stuff created.
- All in all, I've been breathing, and being private
I'm always honored to rock with the Toofly, Circa95 crew. Just received the press release which means the pop up shop is officially on and Junkprints (aka me) will be there! See below for the deets.
LADIES LOVE PROJECT PRESENTS:
HOLIDAY 2012 POP UP SHOP! Shopping Event Showcases Brazen Art, Avant-Garde Fashion & Design at the University Settlement!
On Saturday, November 17, 2012, the LADIES LOVE PROJECT presents its 6th POP-UP SHOP at University Settlement 183 Eldridge St from 12pm – 10pm. The PROJECT, a brainchild of renowned street artist TOOFLY, sound sensation PattyDukes & Rephstar of the Circa95 duo and creative non-profit efficionado A.Mari, highlights some of NYC’s most creative underground artists and designers. The one-day-only event boasts an intimate, yet extraordinary colorful market shopping experience – designed to familiarize consumers, media and tastemakers with artists currently celebrating prominence.
Featured female market designers and artists include Toofly, Junkprints, Vanilla Medallions, Dominique Reneè, Shiro – as well as the fellas Marka27, Rebelution, Soh Nup Ink, and a host of others, will be exhibiting one of a kind, limited edition, handcrafted goods just in time for the holidays! Event music across all genres will be handled by RephStar and Dj Enygma. A live broadcast of the event will be streamed all day at www.Circa95.com and will include the first ever performance showcase by Brooklyn based rap sensation, and self-proclaimed “Mistress of Ceremonies,” Jasmine Solano. Complimentary empanadas, coquito, and cupcake treats will be served by Jenny Kinns Cupcakes, Mi Isla Coquito, and Martha’s Kitchen. Funky fresh ladies in the *new* LLP Lounge will be rocking make-up makeovers, dope nail art, and tarot card readings. This year the photo fun will continue with homegirls Sheena She on deck with event photography and Samantha Morales holding down the LLP Photobooth!
University Settlement, a celebrated art and community space located in the Lower East Side, plays host to the eclectic mix of prosperous and established talent. Art pieces on canvas, jewelry, t-shirts, graffiti, make-up, nails, live music—you name it— the LADIES LOVE PROJECT HOLIDAY POP-UP SHOP doesn’t get any more New York than this! “Having the LADIES LOVE PROJECT POP-UP SHOP in our space is a perfect fit,” says Alison Fleminger, Manager of University Settlement space. “All of the vendors have styles that honor old New York, but each demonstrates a unique progression with great, must-have niche items.” “We are ecstatic and honored to be partnering with such a NYC institution of Art! We, the LLP team and event participants, are enthused to be hosted in this inviting space – the pop up will be sure to kick the holiday off with LOVE!”